Saturday, December 30, 2006

Snow bound

Well I did say I wanted snow.........we've now had around 3ft (I am so Americanised) in 24hrs. This has meant many things. Firstly an entertaining journey up from Ranch Central to K & Bs and yes, at least some digging out of vehicles. Spot the man........we ended up turning around and having to go via a different route. After a little more off roading and some outstanding driving from B we did get to our destination. At least we were on the Ranch!

Of course now we can't get back down the road to Ranch Central because Eddie hasn't been able to plow the road because you can't actually see the road or where you have plowed!
Staff at Ranch Central have called to say the yellow house is now avalanche central as the snow falls off the roof creating a lovely wall of snow around the whole house - I think I will have to dig my way back in.
The dogs are happier now that B has successfully been able to get the heaters working in the kennels (they live challenging and difficult lives). From left is Duke (Dukie), Khan (Khanie) and Luckie (sometimes called stupid or Lucky Luck depending on his behaviour!). Most nights (when it isn't snowing) we take them for a walk and, when K & B were in NY, I played Nanny. They each come with there own personality but are lovely characters. There are a couple of other dogs on the Ranch too so when it comes to the dog quota this is my form of paradise.
On the celebration front I had a very lovely birthday made up of good food and wine and generally having a very nice time with K & B. Lots of nice email messages too - thanks, all made me feel very special. Turning 40 appears not to be the crisis it could have been as, well, it feels not unlike being 39.......only living on the otherside of the world.
Xmas was a lovely day. Started the night before with bubbles and caviar - which is a ritual K&B have. Rolled into the next day to start with pancakes and then, later in the day, a very lovely Xmas dinner cooked by B, followed by a movie with cheese board. Random point of interest - this is actually my 3rd Xmas with K & B in the US. Holiday season is proving to be very pleasant indeed. Couple of the staff gave me presents too, which was a lovely unexpected surprise.
New Year is likely to be a quiet affair (you know food, wine, movies, dog walking in the snow). Can't say life is tough. I am making the most of it in advance of actually becoming a tax paying alien!
Happy New Year all.

No comments: