Saturday, July 14, 2007

Home again home again.....

I’m back in sunny SC having left sunny NM – honestly temperatures around 100. I have had such a wonderful 10 days. I really do love the ranch. The ranch is looking very green, saw lots of hummingbirds (fascinating little birdies), one very large pink snake (eeeeow), prairie dogs and the unsual assortment of other beasts. Was back in my little yellow house and Renee and Kate had put flowers in a vase and food in the fridge! Peter’s 80th was sweet. Just a couple of hours at his house and I got such a lovely welcome from him. It was on the 4th of July so I spent the day with the Burn’s family. After Peter’s we went to the rodeo. I’ve never been to one before. This was a kids competition and I was shamed at how tiny some of them were on those big horses – horse riding not being my favourite thing!! Went back to the ranch for dinner with the Burn’s (Renee’s parents came too) then we headed to the shooting range to have fireworks. Great fun. Eddie and Renee’s kids (3 in total) are great and (unlike home) we actually held some of the fireworks in our hands while we set them off. Even having competitions to see who could hit the targets – very Harry Potter like.
Spent the next few days working with Renee and generally hurtling around on the four wheeler. Karen and Brice arrived home on Sunday and it was just great to see them!!!! They are both tired and working hard but full of life. Brice took me into Sante Fe on their motorcycle – very beautiful BMW touring beast. I looked at bikes and talked to B a lot about what would be good, would work for me etc etc………I think I’ve chosen one so now have to get both my car and bike licence.
…..I’ve also got a job interview………you know how life is sometimes planned, carefully put together and rolls out in stages…….well this isn’t like that! I got this idea in my head that being a flight attendant might be fun, flying around, seeing the world. Well United are doing a big recruitment drive so I completed an online questionnaire, now I’m off to Chicago for a half day interview later this month. Apparently it’s just cheaper to fly everyone to them. They don’t actually know that much about me as the questionnaire was more about ethics and values than anything else. While I still maintain I am only slightly below average height (averages smaverages) I do just sneak in at being able to reach up to 82inches. Anyway the whole things a riot, I am feeling strangely competitive about it and compelled to give it a go. Does anyone else think it hilarious that the only interview I’ve actually been invited to is in something I have no background in? This is, of course, all part of the grand adventure – if it’s meant to come together and be the thing I do it will, if not, mov’n on to something else. Oh it’s also a little like being in the Army – at the end of the six week training I could end up anywhere as you are “posted” to the airport you will be based out of!

No comments: