Tuesday, July 24, 2007

Road trip'n day 1

Okay because my life is so deadly exciting……and I have time to kill (in a hotel in San Jose) I thought I would take everyone on my little journey to Chicago.
Started with realising I needed to book accommodation either side of the interview day (Wednesday) because I was flying out on a 6am flight and not back until 10pm same night…….no public transport. So dutifully booked on-line, checking prices and hotel reviews (bed bugs not required).
Day 1 going to San Jose from Santa Cruz. Nice start. I thought I would get the Greyhound bus but the very nice man at the counter said that if I walked across the road the Highway 17 bus left in half an hour (as opposed to an hour) and only cost 4 bucks (not a hard choice). Of course that meant I didn’t actually know exactly where the bus would stop in San Jose (only an hour away) relative to my hotel (not paying for a cab if I can walk)……………oh well, train station – can’t be that difficult.
Next delightful moment – got off the bus, checked with someone in the train station, started walking in the direction of my hotel and ta dah – it was literally 5mins away. People very very nice, check into GIANT room with jacuzzi, telly……..all three of which I don’t have at home, free wireless (well that’s pretty standard most everywhere here) and king size bed………next step wake up call 4am tomorrow…………..

No comments: