Thursday, July 26, 2007

Road trip'n day 2

Got up at 4am after a not very good sleep - always hard to sleep when you have to get up that early. Anyway at the airport 5amish. WOW place was packed. Glad I got there when I did. Delightlfully found myself sitting in the exit aisle so had ridiculous amounts of leg room. Ened up sitting next to a United staffer (risk analyst) and had a nice time talking to her. Predicatably fell asleep for around 2hrs of the four hour flight. Spent the rest of the time reading Harry Potter. Took a taxi from the airport to town. Chicago architecture is amazing but the traffic was terrible. And I didn't know that there is this very fab waterway complete with "draw bridges". Anway went to the interview......all of half an hour......it's a screening interview so won't know for a while. Seemed fine and the interviewer was very nice. They are hiring several 100 FAs. Guess I'll just wait and see. Money is well less than fab.......still I'll just roll with it for now and see what happens. Of course such a short interview left me with several hours to fill in before flying back. Asked some guy on the street if he was from Chicago and what could I do for a couple of hours. I was wearing a business suit so am fairly confident he didn't think I was a hooker. He recommended I hop on a yellow water taxi and cruise down the river for 2 bucks....so I did. Got chatting with a woman who recommended I get off at the Maganificient Mile. It's the shopping mecca for chicago - easy to ignore the shops but the garden display was quiet fantastic. Walked down to the water works which, so the story goes, was one of the very few buildings that survived the Great Fire in 1871 - people used it as one of the few landmarks to try and find their homes. Taxi woman also mentioned the Millenium Park so having tramped the mile I walked to the park. Now that was very cool with some great artworks. The Kapoor Sculpture was particularly interesting and had dozens of kids flocking around it.
Flew out of Chicago at 8pm and got back to San Jose around 1030. Long day but I did enjoy myself!

No comments: