Friday, July 27, 2007

Road trip'n day 3

This the final chapter.........landed at 10.30pm and managed to choose a good place to stay for the last night as well (whew). Oddly more expensive than the first one but more like a "motel" - first is best! Feeling like a little sweaty sow - 4am to 11pm, including walking several miles in very humid conditions, does take it's toll - had a quick shower, accepted there was nothing to eat (or more correctly nothing I was prepared to eat), guzzled a little warm water, sat back to relax. Feeling wired so watched the Food Channel (I really do like those competitions....sorry Tee for all that mocking a while back). Woke up earlish and headed for my bus. Oh yes that is when it got a little complicated. Some concert or other was happening in San Jose so my 35min walk turned into over an hour 10 while I tried to figure out how to get around the road blocks! Finally made the station and waited for the bus. You know one thing I got out of the whole trip was how very very differently people treated me when I was wearing a business suit versus my casual option. Those that would talk to anyone still do...........those that have how you look matter....didn't. I had some of the oddest interactions with men - honestly. Randomly at the airport, when wearing the suit (okay and makeup, it's a job interview to be an FA and I kinda like the whole deal).......men chatted to me! Really in the scheme of things men never do chat to me unless I invite it. Perhaps that's the real change, these days I just welcome any random stranger chatting - even the very odd - it makes for a much more interesting world and as long as I am surrounded by other people offers no real danger to my well being! Anyway that aside, lovely to be home, see flattie and Goldfish and be in my wee bed again. Oh and here's one of those random coincidences - the little silver "bean" in the previous post - one of the flatties friends who came over yesterday was working in Chicago when it was made. She had an office looking over the Park and watched them construct the framework......then just as it was to be finished "they" put covers all around it so no one would know how they got it to look the way it does! No matter the outcome I feel like I've had quite a grand adventure and made the most of the whole deal!

No comments: