Friday, March 21, 2008

Hoppy Easter

So Easter is pretty much a non-event here. No holiday and I didn't even realize it was Easter weekend until someone mentioned it last Tuesday. We are still doing shifts for the release and have had some intense moments......dull but intense. It does feel a little like it's never going to end and we are supposed to be preparing for another release in May. Affectionately know as the "May Release" it is looking more like the "Anything but May Release". Such is life and I might not even be part of it (I hope I'm not to be honest). There is the possibility of another contract that I'd really really like - not a time to be unemployed in the US so I'm not racing out of this one (it gets renewed on a regular basis) but I've got my eye out for other possibilities. Who knows. Mostly I'd really like to settle into something that works so that I can move into a little place of my own - closer to work. I really like my flatmate and we get along great - both being very self contained - but I think it's time I actually took the next step and started to live a little less like a bachelor student and a little more like someone creating a home. Well I did take one step forward, buying a wine fridge from my landlord. He was having a garage sale (yard sale here) and had a new, unused fridge. Got it for less than half what it would cost new (nice) and he carried it into the house for me....nicer still.
On an even nicer note got word that my passport is winging its way back to me so I will have it in my hand well in advance of grand adventures in Spain (crisis, potential pouting and general grumpiness averted).
Not much else; I've got work (albeit on call) tomorrow (Saturday) then Sunday midday through to midnight. Hopefully no drama so I won't actually have to do anything. I'm going to try my hand at cleaning up our garden, having now asked the flattie what I am allowed to pull out as I don't have a clue what anything is. She was gracious and explained so that even I could understand (she was equally delighted that our yard will be tidy and her vegie planter is being prepared for the next round of planting).

No comments: