Saturday, March 15, 2008

Life in Silicon Valley

I’m holed up in the Hilton in Silicon Valley working shifts for the IT role out. Last night I worked 6pm to 6am……which really just meant sending messages to a whole bunch of “interested” Ciscoites at 6pm, 10pm, 2am and 6am………sleeping in between. Back on duty this afternoon them tomorrow into the office to wait out the end. I really am in the middle of the Valley, surrounded by office buildings and not much else. The room is possibly the most interesting thing to see. I’m all of 10mins from work in case something happens and I have to go in…….which means I can’t really head out anywhere in the absence of a car. On the upside I have a television (which I don’t have at home as I watch movies and TV on my computer). Having surfed the selection I don’t think I’ll ever get another TV………a lot of nothing on!!! Last night, after we’d sent the first round of messages, I went out to dinner with two work colleagues. The restaurant was buried among all the high rises – I never would have known it was there! Food was grand and it was a nice evening, then back to the hotel to work my shift.
Finally booked my tickets for Spain – just got to get the passport back now. Spend the first four days at the B&B then into Barcelona for a few days with Rose and Jo.

No comments: