Saturday, August 20, 2011

Berlin is booked!

Travel and accommodation for Berlin is now locked and loaded!  Mum arrives from NZ on Sept 16 then we fly out to Berlin on the 21st (via Heathrow), arrive Thursday 22nd late afternoon.
Staying here, which is close to the marathon start/finish....near the Brandenburg Gate.  For anyone that's been to Berlin, here is the course:
Pretty much run all over Berlin and it's all flat.  I'm actually not that enamored with all flat courses.  Psychologically I find it harder - I like having the odd hill to climb.  That said this will all be new sights with a lot of historical landmarks (and some new ones too I imagine) along the way.  I am thinking I might take my i-phone so I can take some shots along the way.  I think there are close to 45,000 running - similar size to New York, so that will be awesome.  German organization so certain to start on time and be well organized!  Post marathon mum and I will start the sightseeing (only really the expo and a little bit of orientation in the two days leading into the marathon.  I am hoping jet lag isn't too bad and expect just the excitement of the whole thing will carry me through on the day!

No comments: