Sunday, August 14, 2011

Week has flown by!


The past week seems to have flown by.....busy!  Michelle came and stayed on Friday and left today (Sunday).  Fun time, punctuated by our visiting the (very local, as in two blocks away) queer bar where some woman decided she wanted my attention (good luck with that).  What followed was much hilarity (not all entirely at my expense) as she tripped through various attempts to capture my attention (including deciding I was a teacher, scientist or or or??? Didn't run marathons and and and).  Anyway I gotta say I was in tears of laughter after she'd F.I.N.A.L.L.Y given up.  Michelle and Irene totally amused throughout.  I expect there will be much recreating of the evening at various events in the coming months and, more particularly, at Xmas when visiting NZ.
Saturday we dragged Michelle around various furniture stores and at least one hardware outlet.  She has some great ideas for my pad so ended up being my personal design consultant (along with Irene of course!).  Irene then dragged Michelle and I to her local workout hangout i.e. park, where she is attending Bootcamp four days a week......my abs hurt today!!!!!
Saturday night all tired so an easy peasy BBQ (now that Irene has installed hers on the deck) and early to bed.  Sunday up earlyish as Michelle wanted to go to her church think in Palo Alto so drove her there and I hit the roads for what was meant to be a 14miler.....12half as it turned out as I had somehow managed to hit some button on the garmin that lead to distance being recorded in KMs, I was roughly translating so knew I was short but decided to end it there as I was basically running around the 'burbs.....which a very beautiful I might add but was over it and ME and I were having lunch before I dropped her at the airport.
The Garmin thing was not a total surprise as Katy and I had run the Stevens Creek Reservoir early in the week and I knew "something" wasn't right but has taken me until today to figure it out, having thought I'd fixed one thing that wasn't actually what needed adjusting!!!!
Booked all the Berlin tickets today - little complicated as mum flies out of Berlin to Karen and Brice in Miami so in the end Karen booked all mum's flights (one way tickets are mad crazy expensive as it turns out) then I booked mine to match to get us to Berlin (well and part way back to the US as I'm not flying to Miami but will fly via London with mum).  Karen is a guru of this though and found flights that were better than I had so I gotta get some lessons from her on this!!!!!  I'll book the accommodation tomorrow as I now have a map of Berlin so can see where things are AND I wrote to one place asking how close they were to the start of the marathon.....all good, figuring it out.
Okay photo moment....not wildly exciting but I'm doing my best:
New Gym takes shape......














New Lamp.....Room & Board how I love thee.....when you have a sale


Crab Tower - post run lunch!

No comments: