Thursday, August 04, 2011

The never-ending-busy

It's Thursday and the week variously dragged and flew by!  Every day I've just been excited to be coming home to my pad.
Tuesday night we went out for a team dinner.....total riot.  Pro Bono, ignoring the totally cheesy video (what were they thinking???) proved to be a pretty nice experience.  Gotta say the service started out as marginal BUT once they get that the guy with the credit card buys GOOD wine they suddenly get very attentive (not the first time I've watched this little phenomenon at a work dinner).  Actually I wasn't totally wowed by the food but it was good so definitely not complaining.....the wine was awesome.  Sometimes I dread these things because they feel like an extension of work (and they are) but the team is very fun and we have some new folks who have joined who add some more flavor to the whole thing.  Of course it does mean that those of us commuting to San Fran have at least another 45mins to add to the adventure......funny how you adjust.
The house is variously unpacked and variously waiting for furniture to arrive.  All good though.  Every morning I feed the fish before work and tomorrow I will take a photo so you can see why this is fun!  I've killed fish before but hoping these ones are a little more robust.  Mostly gotta watch that the little fountain thing doesn't get clogged as rumour is, in the absence of that, the raccoons come a hunt'n.........

No comments: