Thursday, September 01, 2011

5 years old....


It's my 5th Anniversary of arriving in the US!  Pausing, again, to reflect back at how the grand adventure has continued to evolve.  I am as surprised as anyone to still have the blog; it's proving to be a great chronicle of my life in the US.  Every now and then I dip into some "historical" posts and I am transported back to that moment in time.  Occasionally I stumble into something I have all but forgotten - that can be a mix of good and bad.  On balance though, life is very very good.  I am still shocked and delighted to think that I now own a house in San Francisco!  I am shocked to think that I am actually working in Silicon Valley (seriously, like I ever had a high tech bone in my body) and for a firm that offers many opportunities (and that I might never have thought I would ever possibly be considered a candidate for).  I am shocked that I run marathons and even more shocked to think that I really believe that, if I work hard enough, I could run an ultra-marathon.  Along the way I've met some fantastic characters (the Ranch having been the perfect landing pad!  
I think, this year, more than any other I feel changed.  Funnily enough I am noticing that the way I talk and phrase things has changed hugely.....I think I might be up for more than a little ribbing when I land in NZ for Xmas.  The way I look and dress seems to have evolved to a point where I sit easier in my skin.  I like being fit and I like being surrounded by a mixture of very young folk (this by virtue of work) and very sound, honest peers personally.
So there it is, as it turns out it was true, there is nothing to be lost when you cross your line........

No comments: