Tuesday, September 20, 2011

SFO to Berlin

Tomorrow The Mother and I fly to Berlin.  Yippee, I am very excited and nervous and looking forward to the adventure.  Having mum here has/is grand; of course having all my washing and ironing done and now mucho chicken vege soup in the freezer is a bonus.
Friday I picked her up from the airport and Crazy Ironman Girl.  It took mum forever to get through customs so took CIG straight to her start line.  Grand to see her as I have missed her on the project and now it turns out she is coming back to the Bay Area for work so, with some clever planning we can be running buddies again!
Saturday the weather was gorgeous and I took mum off to what I had hoped would be a fab restaurant on the beach.  As it turned out it was kind of awful......well seriously awful, the food was terrible and the coffee worse.  The BBQ the night before at home with Irene had been far more enjoyable.
Sunday I did Monica's 10 k and then Monday, Tuesday I worked while mum putzed at home.  I'm so ready for my break, wired about the marathon and just happy to be me out adventuring with mum.

No comments: