Monday, June 24, 2013

Baseball, whale watching.....Hawaii

Off to Hawaii on Thursday.....can't wait!

In the interim Friday night we all headed off to the baseball game at AT&T Stadium in the city.  I can't tell you how many times I've run past this place, so actually walking in the gate was cool.

What was really funny was we realized we mostly didn't watch the game at all!  To the point where it was 3 all and......we left.  We did lots of people watching, ate some bad/good food, I had a beer and watched Braxton play on the slide for a while.  It's all such an American thing.....not really something Sharene and the kids normally do, it was unexpected fun.

The Thursday before I took a day off work and we all went to Monterey.  At the last minute Sharene found a good well priced lodge in Carmel so we stayed over Wednesday night so we could go whale watching.  I've never been whale watching!!  Arriving 830ish Wednesday night we found a good place to eat near the lodge we stayed at.  Got up bright and early Thursday and headed to the wharf.  It was pretty rough so we all took motion sickness pills and waited to see whales!  We got two humpbacks and a gaggle of white stripped dolphins.




Afterwards we went to the Monterey Aquarium, which I loved, as always!






I've done my usual thing and waited a little too long for my holiday.  We've rented a condo on Maui and I can't wait to get there and stop.....

Added bonus, Karen and Brice are back living on the Ranch in New Mexico so Sharene the kids and I (it's the summer holidays here so kids of school) are going for a four day weekend in July.  I am very happy to have K & B closer and very excited to share the ranch!  On balance, life is lovely!



No comments: