Thursday, June 13, 2013

Crashing into Hawaii

Well that's an overly dramatic headline but you get the idea.  End of June Sharene, Madi, Brax and I head to Hawaii for the long awaited celebration of Sharene's birthday.  I can't wait!!!  It's been over 20yrs since I last went to Hawaii (then with Michelle as part of my first trip to the US of A).  We are heading to Maui and I will post pics.

Sad news too.....some may remember, when I was living on the Ranch (El Rancho) in New Mexico I worked with Peter, the part time 80yr old ranch hand who used to own diners in NY State.  Well Karen texted the other day, he passed away two days ago.  As always, these things give you a moment to pause.  Time on the ranch was incredibly peaceful for me as I tried to figure out my life having newly immigrated to the US.  Peter was a big part of that.  We did simple chores, raking leaves, painting fences and barns.  He always had a word of advice and a story to tell.  He lived a long and colorful life and, for a time, had a huge impact in my world.  Such is the nature of life I guess people move in and out of our lives but he most assuredly left a mark in mine.

No comments: