Friday, January 21, 2011

Last day

It's the final day (well half day) of our course. It's been an inspiring, albeit long, week. One of the main reasons I joined Accenture was to get the training (alongside the benefits of working in a company that offers a variety of work). So far I have no complaints and my expectations have been exceeded! I am not in the cut throat world of promotion yet, where we get rank stacked top to bottom but I am always conscious of doing a good job. The types of things I am learning give me more tools and, along the way I am having fun. Given I have been fully committed on projects since I began it's quite unusual to have been able to attend St Charles as often as I have in such a short time.....no complaints, it's working for me.
Last night was the final course dinner, I didn't go as I've basically lost my voice. It was our course combined with another, so huge, I won't have been missed!
I have managed to get some reasonable treadmill running in (even getting up at 5am one day to make sure I got to the gym before the masses). It makes me feel a little less stressed about New Orleans as I made sure to run hard and hills.....New Orleans being a flat course I am banking on plodding it out. The biggest thing going in will be having the right mindset, the ability to negotiate myself through the moments when I really just want to stop! Running races keeps me honest on a whole lot of levels as it's all up to me; how much and how hard I train, how much (and what) I eat and drink, how I balance my world, including work. Even avoiding injuries is all about me checking in on how I train and the intensity. It all takes on a life of its own and, delightfully, I've inspired some folk around me (work included) to take on some running challenges (my old project manager for one is now training to run the Nashville Half......awesome).

No comments: