Sunday, January 16, 2011

On the move

Sitting on the plane writing this but avoiding hooking into the wi-fi as I deeply resent that someone has figured out the whole wi-fi inflight thing. Sometimes it is just lovely to not be connected!
Flight out of SFO was delayed two hours. Lucky I had organized things so that I was flying early (as in 10am) so that I don't arrive too late in St Charles, which is an hour or so out of Chicago. 
Yesterday Irene and I went Mini shopping. I have decided I am over the miata and want a new car. The dealership was so busy I have to make an appointment to go for a test drive. We sat in several though and they are vastly more spacious than I expected. A new SUV type model has been released. Still mini like but big - not my thing I don't think and didn't like the longer Clubman look either so looking at a Mini Cooper S.  I had thought an automatic but am torn about giving up the stick.....I am not sure I can bring myself to it as I like the feel of actually driving a car.  Depending on how it rolls I might actually go for a new one too....we shall see. My inner car freak is alive and well.
Yesterday I did go for my run.  Mostly it was very enjoyable. I took it into my head to run up up and over a very long and very steep hill in the city then looped through a series of other slightly smaller hills.  In the end only 14 miles though and I plan to hit the treadmill this week as outside temperatures are currently -8 in St Charles and, I expect, snowy.  Fortunately the location is fully self contained so the call to go outside won't be required unless I choose too.
UPDATE: I am now at the center, which is covered in snow. I have been to the gym and scored some food as well. Lounging around watching TV....a novelty given I don't have one at home. I can hear lots of folk arriving. Despite the delayed travel I am glad I arrived early so I can chill. Class starts at 8am so all quite civilized at this point.

No comments: