Thursday, January 27, 2011

Busy week....

Just as well I have a lovely new car as I seem to be doing a lot of commuting at the moment!  I've arrived back to work full on and having several days of "performance"......read presenting to internal Accenture folks as well as to the client.  Tuesday night we had our wider team event (well actually it's the Accenture Cisco team but I was part of organizing it so got to go along and co-ordinate some of the activities).  They do these events once a quarter and they involve heading off to a local restaurant (preferably with a private room), having dinner and concurrently hearing about a range of company things.  As part of it too there is usually some kind of "learning" activity.  It's all quite fun and informative but makes for a long day as they are held in San Jose so post event some of us have to drive back to the city.  Quite important events for me really as I continue to get to know people and create a presence with the leadership team.
It seems this week I have been leaving in the dark (with at least 1 5am start) and arriving home in the dark! Training not so hot this week (although did a 13 miler in the weekend up and over the hills of San Fran.....and I mean those legendary hills that feature in all the tourist photos).  All not really enough for the marathon that is a mere 16 days away but going to have to suffice as time moves on with or without me.
Planning a quiet weekend with some kind of run thrown in and probably not much else of note.

No comments: