Friday, April 12, 2013

Goodie bag

Well if it's not entirely obvious by now I am clearly not running the planned for 50 miler this weekend.....in truth, I guess I'd given up on it some weeks back when it became increasingly apparent that the requires surgery was likely to be more invasive, not less.
As some consolation I did get this cool water bottle from the hospital - everyone gets one for their water. Very cool as the straw is flexible and can be covered, so easy to sup in bed and hygienic.


These are the exciting things my mind wonders to as my recovery progresses.
The weather is nice so today I have ventured in Sharene's mother's garden to read.



The book is a true story - covering eight weeks in 1945 in Berlin. A young women recorded the fall of the city to the Russian Army. Or more correctly kept a daily record of her life in her apartment building. While the author is unknown it seems she was a journalist. The book is beautifully written; a candid account of what happened for her and the residence around her. I haven't read anything but running books for a while now so this is a "refreshing" change - albeit a somewhat grim subject!

Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments: