Saturday, April 20, 2013

Ugh

Today I have been sore. No surprises of course, I have been restrained and done my very best to not "over extend". But my right side is sore - the surgeon predicted it. In an odd twist Irene's girlfriend also had major surgery (similar but different from mine) a week or two before mine. She had given me a support belt or wrap (really no idea what to call it) to wear around my waist. I am naturally loathe to wear these things but have, this weekend, taken it up as it is helping my posture, having me be mindful about how I move when walking. I think I have been twisting in an odd way, not helping my healing. Anyway, these things are a process and I will see how I feel next week......the ache from a long run seems so much more "welcome". On the upside I do feel overall physically better off for having all this nonsense removed. Momentary discomfort shouldn't be confused with the overall sense of well being I have!


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments: