Tuesday, April 09, 2013

One day at a time

Came home from hospital on Saturday. Keyhole surgery worked although turns out all a lot more complicated than the doc had hoped. Mostly because the endo was everywhere and everything way more swollen than he anticipated. He gave me a photo of my insides - I won't over share.

I was at El Camino Real Hospital in Mountain View. Very nice setting and good nursing care. Really all the trappings of a private hospital in NZ. Sharene got a few action shots.






Had to get up and moving pretty quick after surgery. Tummy was huge, looked pregnant!!!! Over the next few days I just focused on getting the balance between rest and mobility. I think I all the ops I've had this has been the most intense. As the gas has left my body the tummy had gotten progressively smaller and feels less "stretched". I've got at least two weeks off work then see how it looks for, maybe, part time. Overall I'm really happy to get this done - I figure none of this stuff was doing me much good so better to have it gone.

Today was my first real outdoor adventure. Off to the beach to get some fresh air.



- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

2 comments:

unPC lesbian said...

Please do overshare - am keen to see what inseides look like!

Jody said...

Hmm, yes unPC I could see you would be fascinated, I'll send you a private viewing.....good luck making sense of it.....although perhaps you have some secret medical degree lurking some place!!!!