Tuesday, March 20, 2007

Home sweet home

Ha - I have a place to live.........for now. Hotel has just confirmed that I have been approved as a tenant. Yayayayay - I really don't want to move yet and this works fine for now. Been out and scouted a "hot plate" so I can cook something other than microwave food in my room. Also just down the road is a "You say Tomato" store which has "british" food. Went in for the first time today and what it means is Rose's lime juice, marmite, cadbury chocolate, pies (they don't really do pies here) etc etc etc. Bought a flake just for the hell of it. Oh there is also a "Psychic Studio" across the road which, if I get wildly bored, I may just wander into.
It's been raining today (first time since I arrived) and it was kind of nice to wander around a bit in the rain.
On the funny side - we only get wireless in the foyer/lounge and there is a hardcore group of 6 or so of us who are regularly online (some people have their own but I like the sense that it is "free"). I think we are all the people looking for work and/or at least one guy trying to run some kind of sales business - regularly get to hear him on the telephone coaching his sales team (no idea what they are trying to sell but does confirm I don't want to be in sales). Anyway last night I was informed that I must be "the girl with the funny accent" who is one of the dozen or so always sitting on our computers. The guy then proceeded to describe everyone else (he is waiting for his laptop to arrive and feeling somewhat deprived I think). As a group we don't actually speak to one another - beyond casual nods - very "internet cafe", without the coffee.

No comments: