Saturday, March 03, 2007

Meet the gang

Yes I am now in San Fran - more about that next post. Had a very lovely farewell from the Ranch with staff and their families. Enjoyed a very yummy meal and lots of gift giving.
From left is Brice, Eddie (the cowboy), Mono (all things mechnical), Mike (builder of many things), Wendy(horse girl - stables - and bunkhouse keeper), Karen, Kate (lodge and greenhouse keeper), Peter (senior ranch hand - making that up of course), me (wearing cowgirl boots that you can't see in the picture), Renee (mainhouse keeper.....although calls herself housemaid - I did try to convince her that it's all in the "branding"). Of course everyone seems to do something of everyone elses job at one time or another - well not strictly true, to the best of my knowledge none of the boys have actually physically cleaned the mainhouse (except Brice, of course, who occassionally gets pulled into the mix). Anyway I will miss them all and felt very much a part of ranch life by the time I left.
Have left behind my very lovely "yellow house" and landed in a very tiny room in downtown San Fran - life's a journey and I think I've just landed in "USA - Chapter II - San Francisco".

No comments: