Monday, March 05, 2007

It's the little things

I have upgraded my room. It is now twice the size and newly refurbished, large wardrobe (closet here), draws, shower and toilet that actually has a door between me and my "lounge". TV too - basic cable. Have forsaken the kitchenette (got a microwave and fridge) as I have now explored the local area. Turns out I am living in the equivalent of "Cuba Street". Very eclectic mix of eateries (cheapas) so I can afford to eat a meal out and snacks in. Nice, very bohemian cafe across the road too (got bagels - yum). Went off and got one plate, one wine glass (of course), one cup and a knife and fork. It's a little like being a student again only I have a very stylish wardrobe (no place to wear anything of course) and I am neither studying or working.
Just so you get a sense of the hotel - I don't have a telephone in my room but have got a cell phone (email if you want the number). I can't call outside the US on it (which will, at some point, change). The infamous "someone called" but Bill (the very nice live in hotel manager) couldn't remember who............so my apologies if you think I am ignoring you.
It's really hot here today and everyone is getting around in tee shirts. Today it is a very nice day to be me!

No comments: