Sunday, October 03, 2010

San Jose Half Marathon.....done

Had a grand weekend heading to San Jose on Saturday to stay over for the half marathon on Sunday.  Stayed with Lila and Jon, who I housesat for last year.  All the pets are still in residence!  Saturday the local restaurant (renovated garage I have mentioned before) had an Oktoberfest event so we headed on over for dinner to drink beer (not too much) and meet up with Julie (who I worked with in the old team) and her family.  It was a really pleasant evening, meeting the locals and enjoying some very yummy trout!  Afterwards we went back to Lila and Jons' and watched Michael Jacksons "This Is It" - it was fab, totally had me revise my view of him....incredibly talented man; it's a movie worth watching (I'd avoided it like the plague....my bad).  Up very early Sunday (as in 5:30, although start time not until 8am).  Funny thing about running these races is, unless you have running buddies that run to your time, you don't actually end up running with them.  It was nice to have peeps there to go to the event (we met Julie as we walked over to the start) and have peeps at the end.....really nice, need to find more running buddies me thinks (photo to come).  Came in at 1:58, so under 2hrs makes me happy.....feel maybe I should have gone faster but then I remember that I am going to have to do twice that for the marathon so I think my body/mind just goes "nah we're good".  Afterwards headed off for some lunch and a Lemon Drop.....yum.  Headed back to San Fran around 2ish.
"We" have had a minor household trauma.  As part of the regular and rather impressive exercise regime Lotte has she had an unfortunate encounter with "something" sharp, cutting her paw pad quite badly.  Good mother that Irene is off to the vet it was......and so it was, minor surgery, three stitches and a very bright pink bandage (we really aren't going to mention the bucket contraption she's now supposed to sport for 10 days.......omg and no rigorous exercise).  Herewith a shot of Lotte, looking.....Out.Of.It (thank you to my beloved exes who took me through some major surgeries and resisted the temptation to take any photographs).  For those that follow this blog on a regular basis you will note that she appears to be lying on my bed.  Well she is!  Lotte has got every fond of my bed - apparently Temperapedics are the lastest in dog "wear".  She also seems to like my room.  Neither Irene nor I really understand why but enough to say doped out dog belonged exactly where she was placed and drifted off into a drug hazed comma while Irene and I variously hovered!  Lotte is fine, or will be, but it is rather unsettling when the "children" hurt themselves!

No comments: