Thursday, October 28, 2010

The week that is

The week has flown by and mostly consisted of days starting with 7am conference calls and ending around 8pm; long and a little stressful as folk aren't necessarily playing nice with us!  I've been pulling together a bunch of training materials, having items reviewed and working on a daily basis with the boys in India.  I do like them, they are very sweet and responsive.  I have learnt so much in these last four months and think that (so far at least) the move to the new job has been a good one.  I think too, as I learn more about how the company operates, I will be able to make an even bigger contribution and feel there is lots of scope to grow.  Seems it's all been a risk worth taking.
Sunday I went to Zoe and Pam's for the football event.  It was great fun.  The folk their were just hilarious, total football nuts and, I have to confess, that even I was able to follow some of the more exciting plays.  They also all knew all the football gossip including stories about one of the star players sending nude photos of himself to some chick, while wearing crocs....not sure if it was the nude pic or the crocs that horrified people more.  Some did speculate that perhaps members of the All Blacks might behave in a similar way.  I assured them All Blacks wouldn't wear crocs....beyond that I couldn't comment!  Because Wisconsin were playing Zoe put on a "Wisconsin" food festival.  The local food seems to consist of brats (and the attendant condiments), potato salad, cheese, meat, gherkins etc etc followed by some pastry things that, in sum, could all be summed up as a heart attack waiting to happen.  I was assured by the ex.natives of the region that this was, in fact, exactly how the locals ate, every day!  So I can tick this one off as another little cultural moment in the U.S of A.
Tonight I went for a four mile run.  I am tapering for NY now but, given the butt drama combined with work, I've run even less than I should.  Today is the first day though where my butt hasn't hurt, so I guess it's getting better.  The bruising is still rather impressive.  Too bad, running NY, so it better keep up!
Rose arrives tomorrow.....yippee.

No comments: