Saturday, December 04, 2010

Couple of other little projects

While it might seem like the only thing I am doing is running and working, that's not strictly true......I have a little project underway.  At some point talking to Irene it was revealed that I can embroider and that I really like doing it.  Some of you reading the blog know it from past experience, others might be a little surprised.  Anyway, upshot of the conversation is I am now spending many hours happily embroidering the picture on the left, based on the photograph on the right!  I find it ridiculously calming and satisfying.  Given it's Irene's Xmas present she checks in regularly on progress.  What is very cool about this is that I was able to find a website that charged a mere $6 to translate the photo into a pixelated colour coded embroidery pattern, including telling me what DMC (brand of cotton) colours I needed!  Irene about had a heart attack when I dragged her into this mega "craft" warehouse that had everything you could ever want for almost any hobby you could think of.  The place was kind of crazed so she wasn't entirely wrong to feel a little overwhelmed by it all, it was a totally rabbits warren of hide holes and oddities that only a crafter could know about!  And no, the pattern is not stamped on the cloth.....that is cheating, instead I count stitches......save the OCD jokes, I've heard them all!

This morning, although it was rainy and cool, Irene and I took Lotte for her beach walk.  I've mentioned Fort Funston before - it's where "The Band" shot was taken that I shared in an earlier post.  This time we didn't drop down to the beach but headed more inland (well it's a cliff face so not along way inland before you end up back on the freeway!).  Arty little shot of me during part of the walk on the left and then trying to get a shot of Lotte as we hung out on the edge of the cliff.  It's a lovely place to walk and is totally taken over by dogs.....all of whom are well socialized enough to run off leash.  Nice way to start the day.
Tomorrow the San Francisco Ferry Building 4 miler.....I am in it for the beer and the fun of running with buddies (Marcia going to join us too!).

No comments: