Tuesday, August 03, 2010

House move is done

……tired!  But house is lovely.  Irene has a very stylie eye (and let’s face it……..I don’t) so she has made it all very pleasant!  My bedroom is HUGE and very very sunny.  I can have a full size desk, day bed thing and my bed and still have room to roll around some.  Of course I don’t actually have a bed at the moment, sleeping on the day bed thing.  Also need some other things like draws, beside tables etc etc etc.  As much as I like living lean I am looking forward to getting a couple of these things (photos when I am set up!).
The neighborhood is as eclectic as we expected and I’ve already had some interesting conversations with neighbors and we’ve seen some sights.  All harmless enough.  I did manage to scratch my car though………shite, garage is a little tricky……tired and and and.  Oh well, only a car and all these things are fixable.  The bedrooms are on the opposite side to the main street so it was way quieter than I expected (oh no curtains yet, so very student like I have sheets hanging in the window).  I am feeling really good about the move (worked in the San Fran Office today……took me 10mins by car to get here…….nice, although I’ll be back out at Cisco/San Jose next week).
I’m feeling a little sore from the run and weary!  Wednesday I am running in a corporate challenge event – only 3.5miles so nothing too stressful.  I’m going to run with Melissa (my current boss).  She doesn’t run at all (and it was her idea that we do it!) but I’m happy to run with her and just enjoy the event, particularly as I am a little tired.  My next race isn’t until October (San Jose Rock n Roll Half Marathon).  SF Nike Women’s marathon is in October too – I’ll try for that next year, it’s a ballot but is meant to be great fun.  Apparently at the end of it everyone gets a little Tiffany gift……ummmm not sure what I will do with that but good to know!  I’ve entered into the New Orleans Mardi Gras marathon in February as well.  This might be a little soon after NY but it’s easier to go back to the half than bump up to the full if I don’t feel up to it.  It’s a flat course and I figure you can’t beat New Orleans!
I am off to St Charles on Sunday for three days – Experienced Hire Course.  I am looking forward to it as I will meet some more folks and, no doubt, get some more insight into the business.

No comments: