Monday, August 30, 2010

Power shopping

Irene and I have just arrived home from here where I've spent suitable amounts of cash buying the most gorgeous furniture for my bedroom......so happy, this place is my nirvana for shopping.  I have to share photos now because none of it actually gets delivered for two to six weeks....

Purchases:


Side table x 2 but the draw handles on mine will also be chrome.  Cute story behind this.  Each one is crafted in the factory by a single person....they choose the grain of the wood and build the item from beginning to end and then sign the back of it, just so you know they made it!







Lamp to go on the side table.....no backstory beyond Irene pointing out that it looks like one of those wands they use on CSI - you go fill in the gap about what they use it for!  Actually I had thought buying this was an over indulgence but Irene quite innocently asked if I thought I might get it as I was listing off the other things to the nice lady who was "happy to help".....Irene is also asking when I might be traveling next so she can move into my room!





Quirky bookcase....somewhere to put my 'lil nic nacs and the few books I own here.




This one does have a backstory.....it's for the lounge btw, not my bedroom; it was actually designed by a woman, Eileen Grey, it's cleverly done and is adjustable so you can lower the glass top.



Most happy about all the purchases and starting to feel quite grown up again.....all bodes well for the future home as I decided to buy based on how I might like my house to look (when I get around to buying it that is).  Oh and just for good measure here is a picture of the Butchers Block we are waiting to have delivered........seriously even I'm startled that it made it on to the "must have" list.....but it's kind of cool too.
Okay douche bag bragging over.......

Went and saw Wicked again on Saturday night....love that show.  It was great fun and the audience was so excited by the whole thing.  Sunday I tramped the streets looking for furniture (well that was how I found Room and Board) and, delightfully, found a little tiny shop that specializes in PJs; owned and run by a very eccentric woman who was entirely joyful that I was so enthusiastic about the PJ range and prepared to buy several pairs....it's the little things that make life happy don't ya think?

No comments: