Monday, August 23, 2010

New couch and date 2


Irene and I (because we are, after all, housemates) now have a new couch.....well we don't, yet, it gets delivered on Friday.  Yay, it's fab......here's a photo of us sitting on it in the showroom, doesn't it look just like we are at home?  Irene's pal was with us and took this shot; Irene did request a beer, several times, practicing for the real thing I suspect.
Date 2 - excellent, having a lot of fun.  It all seems remarkably easy, it's surprised me - it's not that I wasn't open to dating being easy so much as?? I don't know?  Regardless, we headed off to Golden Gate Park but it was an insanely gorgeous day so the place was beyond packed (so gorgeous and sunny we drove with the top down).  Change of plan, headed to the  beach instead and then ended up at this very cute cafe having a beer sitting in the sun and watching the world go by.  It's a rare SF day that you can actually walk along the beach and not be entirely bundled up against the cold!  Anyway, no complaints, this dating thing is proving to be fun.
Saturday I slogged out 16km.....well shouldn't say slogged, it was a flat run so kind of insanely fast but it does still take some mental energy to get through the whole thing.  Today I committed to a 20 miler next Saturday with Zoe.  Her marathon is in October and she promises me the course she has mapped out is flat....she also says she runs at a slower pace than I do so I won't entirely blow my arse doing it!
Back to the daily commute to San Jose.  I think the thing I'm learning the most about right now is I can still have a life,  work hard and be successful.....everywhere.....or I hope I can because I like the way the world is offering up multiple ways of being.....now it's up to me to make it work.

2 comments:

unPC lesbian said...

have beer, will deliver...will dress at request of either housemate!!

Jody said...

Always good to know there is a willing, and ready, waitress out there!