Monday, August 16, 2010

Settling in and brave moves!

My bed arrived on Sunday....yay....it's lovely.  Here's a little snapshot.  I am loving the way my room is coming together!  Hung blinds on Sunday as well.  You can just see the corner of the day bed on the left and I have a big glass top desk in the room as well, so you can almost imagine how big the room is.  I might use the Flip Camera at some point to take folks on a guided tour of the house!
Also included a little snap shot of Lottie (Irene's dog). She's pretty much the same colour as the rug and has taken to lying on it.  Of course she has also discovered that the day bed (which has always been in her life after all) offers a lovely sunny place to lay down and she can sit up and look out the window at the neighbours....quite an excellent life she has.
Sunday Irene and I headed to the local 24hr Fitness.  It is a mile away, so an easy jog before doing a work out and I also ran up Bernal Heights; which offers a short sharp climb to a dog friendly walkway - 4 miles round trip so a good run for working out on the hills (startlingly for SF I don't live on the hills!).
More impressively (well for me at least) I went on a "date" and, even better, enjoyed myself.  We met online (because that's how most everyone seems to meet these days) and pretty quickly into chatting via email she suggested dumping all the techno conversation and meeting for coffee....nice.  I've meet up with folk like this before (well that's how I met Sharon way back when!), it is kind of nerve wrecking to meet a near stranger but also way easier to plan to meet them than rely on some random conversation at a bar or party!  Anyway, hit it off, laughed alot, ended up at the movies (Metropolis - which was crazy intense and very very entertaining) and have decided to go hiking (that would be day walking rather than tramping) next weekend.  It was also amusing to have the pals dropping texts to make sure I hadn't been mugged.....given a 1hr date turned into 4....oh well, rolling with it.
All up I'm liking living in the city!

No comments: