Wednesday, September 01, 2010

4th Anniversary

Life is different, very different, from how it was Sept 1, 2009 (well 7th) last year.  I most definitely hadn't decided to run the NY Marathon, let alone complete 4 half marathons.  I didn't see such a big work change on the horizon, nor that I would be living in San Fran.  I certainly didn't know that my personal trainer would become such a big part of my life and that he would also be gone.  I didn't know that I would lose 20lbs, join a top five consulting firm and feel committed enough to "things" again to start buying furniture!  I also didn't know that along the way I'd meet some great new people, make some new friends and connect with some old friends unexpectedly, March in SF Gay Pride, visit Yosemite National Park,  Nashville,  NZ and Chicago, have lasik surgery,  have the mother come visit and and and.  The things I didn't know or anticipate are so overwhelming I just can't think about it too much or I'd be a possum caught in the headlights.
The things I was sure of......I'd make good, everything would become clear, hard work pays off (but don't get complacent), I'm loved - very well loved, by my family and friends (distance doesn't matter) and and and.
So here's to a remarkable year of change that's followed several years of change and will, undoubtedly, lead to more change.

No comments: