Friday, September 17, 2010

Friday - so some random things from the week

Roomie is a lecturer in Film and Digital Arts Media at UC Santa Cruz.  She's currently working on her own documentary.  Over the past weeks I've been hearing random "animal"noises coming out of her office.  She's in the process of filming a doco about how we, as a society, decide which animals are worth keeping and those we kill (I expect she has a much more elegant way of saying it.....or maybe not...anyway).  As part of this little extravaganza she's been filming in various locations including an animal sanctuary north of San Fran.  Here's a little insight into her work to date.  I love the shot of the goat and the pig(s) well and the birds too....actually I'm liking the whole thing!
Wednesday night I went off to the Sports Basement to get some new running shoes (mine are 200 miles over their use by date....seriously).  Lots of lovely things to discover a. place is fab, just like an old warehouse but with cool stuff. b. they have a "free" weekly running group (which caught both mine and Irene's eye as we watched them gather......).  I'm going to go along and check it out - might be fun and full of interesting possibilities.  Tried the new runners out last night on some of the SF hills - cripes, quite different, my bad, should have kept track of this!  Anyway I could almost argue running up and over those hills was a joy as I bounced along.
I've mentioned before the view from my bedroom window, well I've been taking some random shots (hey I'm a point and shoot girl....so no claim to art here!).

Check out how the mist rolls in over the Twin Peaks.  Some days I get to watch the tower emerge top down....it's quite surreal and the first time I saw it I had no idea what the hell I was looking at.
Okay here's the other shot of the day....eventually everyone is going to discover that I really am going to run the marathon in a bright fluorescent green vest!
This is my practice shot for when I cross the line.....things to note - shoes are unlikely to be quite that bright and sparkly (alot of running to be done between now and Nov 7), face likely to be somewhat redder and most definitely sweaterer.....so there you go, you saw it here first.......

4 comments:

unPC lesbian said...

inlight of my latest gaynz post you will understand why my mind went blank after the word lecturer......

Jody said...

Oh now that might be where you are going wrong on this one.......but there you go, marathoners and academics need not apply.

unPC lesbian said...

oh no - I meant my mind went swoon type blank, lecturers were listed in the preferred demographic!

Jody said...

.....but not marathon runners? You really are digging yourself in on this one!