Tuesday, September 07, 2010

The real dirt.......60 days to go

NY is looming, fast - well I guess it's coming through in the obsessive writing about running.  But here are some cool metrics:

This is a snapshot of my NikePlus site where I record all my runs.  The Nike band is a pretty basic tool for measuring how far I run, how fast, the calories I burn and the time it takes.  I like it - I get back from my run and it tells me stuff about the run and I can enter in notes about how I felt and compare different types of runs.  It's so simple - I love it.  Because it is just 60 days out I thought I'd check in.....some cool things to reflect on since I started running in August 28 2009; I have:
  • run 100 times
  • clocked 103hrs
  • run 642 miles / 1033 km
  • averaged 9'34s miles (yeah, average....don't be looking for that for the marathon)
  • burnt 63422 calories
  • my longest run as 20.8 miles
So here's hoping all THAT pays off in 60 days time, as this doesn't take into account the amount of time I have spent at the gym, lifting weights and doing circuits.
Yesterday was Labour Day - I mostly did "not much".  Stayed in bed late (which is particularly lovely these days now that I have a Tempur-Pedic bed!).  This thing is insane and insanely comfortable.....ruined!  I did go the gym but that was about it.
Sunday I went over to the East Bay and visited with my pal Dee.  Haven't seen her in months and was entirely startled when she opened the door and had cut all her long hair off.  She was equally startled at how much weight I had lost - so we met as two physical strangers over a very pleasant brunch and solved the problems of the world!
Not much else to report....work is busy and getting busier as we are rolling out some training......I continue to do the business development stuff and getting very excited that we might actually be about to kick off a whole new service line...which will be mega-kudos if we pull it off!

No comments: