Tuesday, September 28, 2010

The weekend that was.....was busy

Probably the busiest weekend I've had in a long time!  Friday late afternoon I headed down to Santa Cruz having done a house swap with Marcia as her and Michelle stayed at ours.  The trip was in support of going Kayaking at Elkhorn Slough in Moss Landing.  Saturday we (Irene and her work colleague Linda) hired open top kayaks and headed into the slough.  It was fabulous.  Pelican's, otters and seals abounded, as well as alot of other unnamed birds!  We spent a good four hours paddling about and generally making the most of the sun.  Haven't got photos of the kayaking but afterwards we went to Phil's Fish Market and Eatery where I got to enjoy my fav thing of cioppino.
Driving home Michelle called about going to Mango, which is a monthly "Tea Dance" in the city......now that I live in the city it's easy to say yes.  So got home, showered and raced out the door to go to the dance.  The weather was fab and the venue is partly outside so the place was heaving (took us 40mins to get in the door).  Met some really nice folk AND ran away from one very insistent.........but so not my type.....girl (at one point asking the pals for an "intervention" and quick)!  Was all good fun (well except for that having to run away thing, which was kind of odd and the first time in along time I've had to deal with that!).
Sunday Marcia had another little birthday celebration at this very fab galleria in the Mission.  Quite an eclectic crowd and a lot of fun.  Some of the art work for your pleasure.  As part of the days events four of us
headed off to the Folsom Street Fair.  Which kind of speaks for itself and I went to in 2007....leather/S&M ALOT of people and alot of sights to see.  It was particularly fun to wander around with one of the woman who has never been before.....watching her was almost as entertaining as watching the "entertainment" and the outfits.
Back to Marcia's event then a few folk came over to the house for a while.  All up a very busy tiring weekend.
Well and because a post can't go by without the mention of running I had a little crisis...Thursday I got back from my run and had this odd shooting pain near my knee, it felt like nerve pain but I was petrified I had a stress fracture (which seems to be a rather common injury, particularly for us amateur and novice marathoning training folk).  Anyway took all my will power but I didn't run for three days.  I iced the area every day (prompting some bruising to come out...so I'd definitely done "something").  After a day of no pain and the bruise having faded I hit the streets last night (sweltering hot here at the moment...as in
early 30s....which is kind of unheard of for SF!).  Yay, all good, did an easy 6.5 k with no ill effects.
This weekend San Jose Rock n Roll half marathon.....all flat so should be fun....although hopefully a little cooler than it's been.

No comments: