Sunday, May 23, 2010

Auckland and weather closing in

Landed in Auckland Sunday having enjoyed a fun evening at a birthday party on Saturday evening, nice company and, yet again, the inevitable casual meeting of old pals!
Landed in Auckland and Rose and Jo picked me up from Auckland airport (plane was delayed half an hour, worked for me I promptly fell asleep and was most happy to get the added sleep).  Girls whisked me off to a very cool new cafe/motorcycle seller located in an old warehouse.  It was a very cool surprise as there were some great old motorcycles.  Afterwards we went to Sales-St which is a very funky bar - there are some great venues in NZ and I am amazed at the size of them.
Today I visited with Tee and here little girl Milly.  Was lovely to see Tee again and, of course, enjoy her home cooking.  Quiet evening tonight then visiting with Gwenda tomorrow before she flys out to China then dinner with a Wellington pal who is in town (and I met at Saturday's party). I fly out Wednesday and I can feel myself shifting to thinking more about next steps in California - much helped by the weather here turning to crap....mostly the weather here has been great, if not cold....but the rain has me pining for a California summer I have to say.

No comments: