Monday, May 10, 2010

Wellington

Arrived yesterday afternoon......almost had a bloody heart attack at the taxi fare from Grey Lyn to Auckland Airport.  Bloody hell!  Got on the plane, doors closed and so did my eyes, landed, doors opened and so did my eyes.  I love that flight Auckland Wellington, it's perfect cat nap time.
Mum and Kathy met me at the airport in the "truck" - seriously, K and J now have a truck that they can use to carry stuff (well the Saab isn't so practical for home renovation projects).  Quiet night in then up at 6am to go to the gym with Janine.  Cute little set up at the end of her street.  Of course was then challenged to modify my program to be kgs not lbs.....yikes I think Case got some of the conversions wrong because no way I could lift some of the weights he had written down (before I left we spent one of our sessions writing out a program for me to do while I am here, he is determined I don't go backwards and I know if I don't do it it will all just hurt when I get back!!!!).
Now I am lounging on the day bed at J & Ks, sunny streaming in the window, it's a long day when you get up at 6am.
Out for dinner tonight with a pal and been steadily filling the Calendar.
And wow, new job sent me a link this morning to a website that's for new hires to look around to prepare for the first few months with "the firm".  I'm quite impressed I have to say.  It seems like they do alot to give you the tools you need and set you up for success, then you just gotta do it.  It's also good to get some insight into how the next while will run.  I'm still amused that I've applied for a job, got it but then when folk so what will you be doing, where will you be working all I can say is "I'm not sure".  I definitely have a better sense of how the process works but won't know what my first job is for a while nor where it will be.  Just as well I deal well with uncertainty, it will all become clear, eventually!

No comments: