Sunday, May 09, 2010

Wellington bound

I head off to Wellington today having had a very pleasant time in Auckland.  Loved Yol and O's lil ranch, 10 acres I think with the biggest bull I have ever seen (which we herded into a new paddock....glad it was compliant as didn't fancy my odds if he decided he wasn't going to be happy).  Drinks out on Saturday were fun with many old faces there to chat too.  By 11 pm I was feeling shattered as it had been along day.
Sunday up early to head out for a trail run with Gwenda. This proved to be very lovely as we ran through bush (uphill and down) pausing mid-run to sit on the beach before turning around to head back to the cars. 10ks all up I think so a nice way to get the heart rate up without killing myself.  After that we went to a very lovely cafe on Takapuna beach, great views although very busy as it was mothers day.  The afternoon was spent watching a DVD and generally lounging around with Rose.....foot elevated, being waited on of course.  In the evening we headed out to Ingrid and Margaret's for dinner and interesting conversation.  They have bought a very sweet villa, very livable as it is but packed with potential and, of course, given it is NZ, plans are well underway around how to change things to make it even more livable!
Stayed up late with Rose chatting so having a leisurely morning with Poppy (Rose and Jo's dog) laying next to me on the bed.....she stayed in doors with me last night, special treat as usually she sleeps outside, and is continuing to indulge in sleeping on the big bed.

No comments: