Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Whirl wind of adventures

Queenstown was a blast.....the house was beautiful, in a lovely setting and a delight to stay in - made all the more fun as I brought the "cook" with me!
Of course adventures were at hand and this is me launching myself off the bungy at the top of the gondolas.  Dude told me to run at it and launch myself off the platform - seems I'm good at following instructions.  Can't fault the view, really is spectacular.
Also did this which is this very cool tour through the trees via a series of flying foxes.  Takes about two hours and along the way the guides give you a little eco lesson.  It was fun to do and grand to be up in the trees....bloody cold though, even though we were bundled up.
Did the Shotover Jet boats as well and soaked in the tubs overlooking the river.
It was interesting to be in Queenstown after all these years and amazing to note the number of non-kiwis working the tourist sites.
Travelled through to Arrowtown as well.  The Fall colours were lovely.  I can't say I really remember seeing Fall look like this as a child but it was definitely a gorgeous time of year to be visiting.
Back to Wellington and I felt so guilty about not having done any running that I took myself off around the bays and ran 16miles (nearly 26km).....the longest run I've done to date.  Had me feel so much better about myself!
Have continued to catch up with old friends and work colleagues., including a 7am breakfast this morning (what was I thinking?). Head to Nelson tomorrow for the day to see an old school friend....who I haven't seen since we were 18 years old.  She sent me an email a few weeks back and I figured since I was in Wellington I could swing a 35min flight for the day.
Got some other catchups between now and Sunday when I head back to Auckland.  Having a grand time and not yet thinking too hard about the new job!

2 comments:

RR said...

autumn. We call it 'autumn' in this country. You're not American yet :-)

Jody said...

Well gee I knew there was a word for it.......I've also been driving in cabs not taxis and putting my luggage in the trunk not the boot....