Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Queenstown

So Wellington has been a whirl of catching up with folk and bumping into even more folk in the street that I am now planning lunches with......small town.  Out running met two people I know, even smaller town than I remember.  It was a lovely run, 22.5km so a big'un but all around the south coast and around Oriental Bay, really lovely.  Couple of hills to start but nothing unmanageable.  Heading out again for dinner tonight to a very nice restaurant that has been around for years and seems to survive the ups and downs of the economy.  Have drunk more wine since landing than I have in a VERY long time.
Fly to Queenstown on an early morning flight tomorrow (well 915 so not too early I guess).  Going to be roughing it of course!  There's a very cool video that takes you on a tour of the house as well.  The house is Karen and Brice's, they were building it when I was living with them in New Mexico.  Sweetly I look around and see all the furniture etc etc that I used to live with on the Ranch.....they shipped it all over when it came time to furnish.  Really looking forward to the trip.  In Queenstown for four days and will update on the adventures to be had in the next blog.
Started raining here today but weather is oddly warm.  Must get back to chores....stop avoiding packing!

No comments: