Thursday, June 10, 2010

Changing it up

So after nearly four years I've changed the way the blog looks......I have to confess this follows a quiet, but persistent, background noise about how hard it was to read the "white on black".  It also seems timely.....I like it.  Let me know if you don't.
Great news, off to the course next week then my first job (yes back at Cisco.....but it's the right thing to do and very different from what I have been doing and working for someone I already know and like) starts June 21st......most happy!!!  Being staffed into San Jose is very helpful for the marathon training too; limited travel so I can get into a routine that doesn't involve airports and hotels - I'm very committed to that marathon on a whole lot of levels; the charity will get their money no matter what but I like feeling part of the team; I'm excited at the thought of crossing "that line" and the whole thing focuses me on something other than work.
I am still going to move to San Fran.  Being here this week has me feel ready to come back to the big city.  There is so much happening and it's just a drama to get here from Santa Cruz.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

fun all around. Love the new look. That beer tasted good :) Michelle

JoVinBlanc said...

Aaaah, that's a nice easy start to your new job. I told you there was nothing to worry about.

good luck.

xxJo

unPC lesbian said...

Thank you, yay to reading without retina burn. Maybe a little bit of html tweaking in the top left widget? Reduce the width...you KNOW you can do it.

Lots of changes going on everywhere it seems.

Jody said...

Hmmm interesting unPC (and only took me 5 months to respond!), displays perfectly on the Mac, I haven't tried it on the PC yet.....time you got a Mac perhaps........