Thursday, June 03, 2010

Camels in California!

Proof....it was a real camel!
I have mostly been faffing around this week....can you tell, lots of posts!
I've decided to go and stay in a hotel in San Fran next week as I have my first week in the new job at the San Fran office.  Funny thing was it prompted me to revisit the whole residential hotel thing again to see if that might be feasible until Irene and I move into the city (also a possibility of housesitting for July so maybe only need something for June).  As I contemplated options I was thrown back to the two or so months I did spend staying here.  That was quite a challenging time in lots of ways as I still had no idea what I was going to do, having spent 5/6 months living with Karen and Brice on the Ranch, San Fran really was the beginning of setting myself up in the US on my own.  Anyway when I thought about it the more I realized I just couldn't bare the thought of the craziness that comes with those places.....so I think I might check out what corporate rates Accenture might get for hotels and keep exploring options that are most likely more expensive but way more liveable!  Of course if I get a role quickly then all this thinking might be redundant, I'll either be working in the Silicon Valley somewhere or flying somewhere else.....will roll with it for now, most likely it will become clearer at the end of next week.

No comments: