Wednesday, June 09, 2010

Day 2 and Santa Cruz Gay Pride

Day 2 is done and I'm having a great time. Lots to learn and lots of opportunities.  The people are great - uber smart.  I might be off to St Charles (near Chicago) next week for a four day course on Change Management (not sure yet, waiting to see if it is confirmed).  That will be an excellent way to learn "how we do business" and it's looking increasingly like I am going back to Silicon Valley.....not at all bad if the right opportunity emerges.  All good and makes me feel happy about having made the move.
Sunday was Santa Cruz Gay Pride.  Good grief this is my third one!!!  I met Michelle and Marcia in the park and we watched some of the performers, including the Cheerleaders.  These guys and gals are  awesome to watch!
There was the usual range of Santa Cruz randomness going on......although this year we found the beer "tent" (note the orange netting, designed to keep us in rather that other folks out!).  I am pretty sure this
was Michelle's idea.  She, of course, managed to score several "free" drinks and no, I didn't drink all of that beer.  Of course drinking in the sun simply prompts one to drink more so post park we headed into town to a bar that was playing host for the days events.  This inevitably lead to more beer drinking and even some dancing.....all of which took us to about 8pm at night when I walked home and consummed a considerable amount of water in anticipation of seeing Case at 1pm the following day.  It was fun though and will be the last time all three of us will be living in Santa Cruz for Gay Pride.  San Fran Gay Pride is coming up at the end of June so another excuse to hang out!

No comments: