Monday, July 05, 2010

Long weekend

Sunday was Independence Day so we have today, Monday, off work.  I've spent it sorting out paper work... possibly the thing I hate doing most in the world (paper work and changing the sheets on the bed - love clean sheets hate making the bed, I don't know why, I always have and used to bargain with mum to do the ironing if she would change my sheets at home, ironing is so much more satisfying!).  The combination of the new job and needing to provide a lot of info to the mortgage broker forced the issue, so I've been diligently working through the piles and gathering all the info together.
Saturday's trip to SF went really well, loved the place, it's huge and has separate dining/lounge.  It is across the road from SF hospital so brings it's own unique view of the world.  Landlords live above and there is room for two cars in the garage and the bike!  I decided that if I walked in and thought it felt right I'd just roll with it.  Irene sees the place on Tuesday and I think we have a good chance of getting it.  I've completed all the paper work (you have to provide credit reports, references, proof of employment etc etc). I guess since I've been here I lucked out in that both places I've rented didn't require any of that as they were personal referrals.
I think I'm heading up to SF tomorrow night to stay over and go to dinner with Irene (we've hardly had time to touch base - she's been out of town and I want to hear what she thinks of the flat!).
SF 1/2 Marathon is July 25 as well.  Everyone tells me it has lots of hills in it so I'm expecting some pain but no longer feel intimidated by the distance and I get to run across the Golden Gate Bridge.  I was looking at some other locations for the Rock 'n Roll marathons & half marathons (similar to the one I went to in Nashville and the one I will go to in San Jose).  I saw they usually have one in New Orleans in February - I think I'd like to go to that one, it would be lovely to revisit New Orleans again and they need every tourist dollar they can get.  I don't know if NY will be the end of my marathoning or not, I can see myself continuing to run half marathons though.  I still like the trail running too, it's a whole different experience and it's lovely to get away from the traffic.  Not sure, right now NY completely dominates all my thinking.

No comments: