Thursday, July 08, 2010

Random fact

As of today, July 8 2010, I have run 500 miles  (804 km) since I started running on August 28, 2009.  How do I know this random fact?  I was loading tonight's run up onto my Nike+ site and this video popped open with a woman (whom I am embarrassed to say I didn't know and can't remember who she said she was - but is clearly some famous British runner, going by the accent!) to tell me I probably hadn't noticed because I'd been busy running, but I've just run a total of 500 miles.  I've clearly been in geek land because I thought all of this was very clever so promptly started to look around the site again and see what other cleverness I could find.....and there it was!  According to Nike+ in 2009 I ran 200 miles, mostly ran when it was sunny, on Saturdays, thought my runs were awesome and (my fav stat) burned 20,236 calories!  They even told me my average pace was 9mins 57secs (that not so impressive but at least under 10mins), making me "swift like a rabbit"....all true, I am not making any of this up.  When I load my runs in I have the option of saying how the run was (awesome is the smily face I often pick, but there are other choices including a very sad one.....that one has appeared once or twice).  I get to tell them what the weather was like and the terrain and add in a little commentary, all the rest is captured on my Nike band, ain't science clever.  Fortunately there are no awkward questions like "have you had your annual mammogram yet?".  Although the way the site is evolving it wouldn't surprise me if something like that did pop up one day!!!!

No comments: