Thursday, July 22, 2010

....oops and wow

I think I lost by BB.....but maybe not.  I think someone at Cisco has it.... momentarily annoying to be such a ditz but I feel oddly calm about it, liking it even.  Called Verizon (Vodafone on steroids) and suspended the service, turns out I am due an "upgrade" (where do you go from a BB Storm I wonder).  Oddly enough I had been reaching the point of "not sure I like this phone anymore" - a little over spec-ed for me I think.  Perhaps the world is just telling me time for a change......because, gee, I haven't been doing enough of that.
Chipped the cap on my tooth on Wednesday night.....oops to that too.  I feel special; I'm not sure how easy it is to chip those things....but I did.  Mildly annoying, dentist tomorrow, won't take long to fix...working from home, dentist 10mins down the road and 2mins from the best coffee shop in Santa Cruz.
I must be in a good space I can't be bothered getting angst about any of this!
On the wow front I mentioned to someone I worked with in my old team that I was running the NY marathon and fundraising.....next thing she's got the link to my fundraising page and the things gone viral.  Got donations from all over the place!  Sadly (for me) some are choosing to be anonymous - I like to thank people, even if I feel a little awkward about asking for money in the first place....although I guess I haven't (well not true I raised the first $1000 early thanks to some very generous donors early on, then I kind of stalled on the asking/inviting thing).  Personality quirk I guess, I willingly donate when asked by others but feel odd asking myself.  Either way, I got me a fundraiser whose not afraid to ask anyone!
I'm looking forward to Sunday's run over the Golden Gate Bridge.  I've felt tired and drained all week so have done very little exercise.  I am hoping it pays off and I can enjoy the run, the view and the company of the other 24999 people running!

PS: an update, just back from the dentist, tooth fixed NO CHARGE.....can't be bitch'n about that can I?  Now lets see if the phone turns up.
PSS: phone back, no new toys....best get back to liking it then!

No comments: