Friday, July 16, 2010

The week that was

It's been a week, a big week!  Monday I kicked off the formal marathon training schedule.  It immediately got blown out of the water when I discovered there was a team dinner in San Jose Monday night.  Good thing I'm flexible, so re-planned.  The new plan has me running shorter distances more often during the week with a long run in the weekend, so overall I am increasing the number of miles I am running in a week as well as the long run.  It makes for quite a regime and has involved me running late in the evening. Still, I'm committed to it so will work it!
This week I've worked out of three different offices; Cisco, Accenture San Jose and San Fran.  Today in SF I met my career counsellor.  He's a really nice guy.  He's one of the partners based out of Chicago, I liked him and we just chatted about how I was settling in etc etc.  All good.  Highlight of the week had to be getting involved in developing some ideas around bringing in new business (this over and above the day job that saw this week peak in terms of deadlines of a bunch of stuff folk have been waiting for.....gotta love the stress I keep telling myself).  I love the new business stuff and I got to meet and chat with the partner responsible for the US West Coast.....very fab.
In among all of that I also had an acupuncture session that involved Marc sticking a gold plated needle in my ankle and a corresponding one in the corner of my eye (well not the actual eye ....).  Anyway it's to treat insomnia.  Over the last six months or so I've had very broken sleep.  Waking up several times a night, I can always go back to sleep but waking up so frequently is tedious and it's not like I'm not tired!!!!  Anyway that night still woke a couple of times but went back to sleep quickly and slept heavily; I think we should keep trying.....I still think acupuncture is magic.
Tomorrow Michelle and I are off to Great America, which is this giant theme park....play on the rides, probably eat some crap food and scare ourselves on the roller coaster - yippee, pictures tomorrow!

No comments: