Saturday, February 05, 2011

Cat Power

This is a little more mellow than a lot of the stuff she played last night (given she has a band behind her at live performances) but you get how her voice is, totally fab to listen too (you might have to click through to YouTube to watch). The concert was in the Fillmore, which is this old historic theater in San Fran, complete with chandeliers. It was standing room only and I've woken this morning feeling like I've smoked a packet of cigarettes (which is remarkable given I don't smoke and never have). While you could buy drinks from the bar it's also

fair to say that there was ALOT of recreational smoking going on! The concert was fun and Irene's friend Connie came along with a friend of hers that lives in Santa Fe, so we had alot of laughs about life in New Mexico and she even knew where Stanley was (near where I stayed on the ranch). She is a film set designer - alot of movies are made in NM because of the tax breaks, I even knew some of the sets she had worked on. Anyway all that aside Cat Power stayed on stage for an incredibly long time so in the end we didn't get home until around 1am (I don't much stay out that late these days).
Nothing much planned this weekend. I am going to have to do some work as I have Friday/Monday off this coming week. While I seem to have taken New Orleans a little too casually I'm also going to hunt down a training program for my next marathon. If I can put in a really solid training regime for Big Sur in May (lots of hills, albeit scenic) I will be well set up to run Berlin in a descent time (although I will be back to upwards of 40,000 runners.....as opposed to Big Sur that is 4,000, not sure how big New Orleans will be, Nashville was 30,000 so I am imagining something like that again).

No comments: