Thursday, February 10, 2011

San Francisco > New Orleans.....

I fly out on the redeye at 10:20pm tonight, go via Charlotte so arrive in NO around 10:30am.  Yep, this thing is really happening!  The plan - survive first and foremost, no personal records (well I only have one to beat and that would be NY), slooooooow and steady, no getting caught in the hype.  There, that's it, because I really really don't think I've quite done the miles I should have leading into this thing.  But I made a commitment, know I can run 26.2 miles and, well that's it, it's gotta be done so going to do it.
Work is insanely busy as we are running a whole lot of sessions with teams to validate some of the work we have been doing.  It's intense and focused.  Two days away isn't ideal but then not having a life outside work is even less than ideal.
Most happy this week, my i-phone arrived and she is lovely....all the sweeter for my having waited two years for my provider to be able to run i-phones on their network!
Nothing much else to report.....the marathon seems enough at this point.

No comments: