Monday, February 14, 2011

MSY>DEN>SFO

At the airport again, adventure done. I woke this morning feeling very stiff and a little full of myself (of course). Actually that's not strictly true, I am very happy to have done my second marathon but a little shamed at how poorly I prepared for it. Tough ask of the body so I've recommitted to following a training plan in prep for Big Sur.....which is a very hilly, scenic run (including a legendary 2 mile uphill followed by at least a mile down). Ironically enough most injuries occur on the downhill. It's not known for folk delivering personal bests but I do need to be better prepared, it will be tough on the body and Berlin follows four months later. Berlin is flat but will be cold and back to 40,000+ people, so not to be taken lightly.
Irene and I are going to check out the SF runners club. They do weekend runs of various distances so will be good to be around other runners (this I tell myself as often I am inclined to do it alone).
Back to a big two weeks at work but ignoring that for now!

No comments: