Thursday, February 24, 2011

Life goes on

I know life in NZ is very focused on CHC and I am watching the coverage.  The one or two degrees of separation comes into play so I am not entirely distant from the obsession.
That said life here, and in other parts of NZ if truth be told, keep moving.
The working week has been big for me.  Last week was stressful as I had to do a dive and catch on some work and this week found out if I'd actually pulled it off.....so far it seems so.  Still, BIG learning curve for me.  The project is complex and it's a new organization.  I'm still very delighted to be involved and totally focused on doing a good job.....but some days are long and challenging.  My team is great, although very different from my old team.....which was awesome.  I'm happy enough though and the challenges keep me engaged (if not freaked out).
I'm still very committed to the marathon training (although the terrible weather is leading to some compromises).  I am feeling good for getting back out there in a more structured way and, as I said last post, grateful for the privilege.
Been going out a little bit too.  For the first time in "forever" I went out to the movies and watched Somewhere.  Definitely an art house movie, I really enjoyed it and it was shown in this sweet little theater in the Mission.  Nice company along the way too!
Discovered a local german restaurant.  Seriously good food.  Although I would confess that the trout really was the pick of the meal (I am not sure how germanic that is?).  Definitely going back as it proved to be a delight on many levels.
Weekend: training and going to a very fab looking photo exhibition at MOMA.
As I said, life goes on....


Oh, and for those that remember, here's the shot of the band.....after we went platinum:

No comments: